Thursday, January 17, 2008

Calgary Music Store Nostalgia

I was heading out to meet friends at a pub on Stephen Avenue Mall when I came around the corner at 1st St and 8 Ave SW and saw this:



I never even liked Music World and this made me sigh deeply and remember better music retail days. The store has been closed for over a decade (in fact I worked across the street at A&B Sound at the time), and I even know the guy who opened a Subway franchise at that location. I guess they took the Subway sign down and left what was underneath...

1 Comment:

DVeitch said...

I remember that store -- for a while, it had OK catalogue but the staff didn't seem as knowledgable as those at A&B Sound. It didn't have a chance to compete against A&B in its prime and I'm not surprised it closed down. I don't miss the store, per se, but I do miss the era of multiple big record stores all within a few blocks. Great blog. I'll keep reading!

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog