Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Releases -- Tuesday, November 6

Well, there's not much for the first week of "Tried To Buy" tracking, at least nothing I'm terribly passionate about picking up. When we do our run to the record store, I'll at least look for:

  • David Byrne - "The Knee Plays" -- reissue of 1985 album
  • Neko Case - "Furnace Room Lullaby" -- reissue of 2000 album (all 3 are being reissued, I already own the other two)
  • Sigur Ros - "Hvarf/Heim" -- that's my attempt at picking what hubby will pick up
And that's about it. My hubby would joke that I'm going to pick up the Rick Springfield Christmas album ("Christmas With You"), but I think there's a line I gotta drawn somewhere.

I'm not expecting to be terribly successful on either of these titles, and I won't dwell on them. It's a pretty weak release week for less than two months before Christmas, even counting a Garth Brooks Greatest Hits release.

Can I also just vent about the re-release of Paul McCartney's "Memory Almost Full", now Deluxe Edition with 3 new tracks. Go to hell. Seriously. I'm so friggin tired of "Deluxe Edition" CD coming out 4 months after release. It's nothing more that a money grab, and an abuse of your die-hard fans, forced to shell out for another copy of the release just to get 3 new tracks.

Yeah, can't imagine why people turn to downloading...

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog